UK STRATEGY & DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
UK STRATEGY & DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR,
LOCATION: LONDON/S.EAST OR MANCHESTER/N.WEST
SPIE UK are part of SPIE Group; the independent European leader in multi-technical services in the areas of electrical, mechanical and HVAC engineering services and communications systems, as well as in specialised energy services. SPIE supports its customers to design, build, operate, and maintain facilities that are energy-efficient and environmentally friendly. SPIE UK employs more than 3,500 people from a network of regional offices throughout the UK. With 38,000 employees working from close to 600 sites in 38 countries, SPIE GROUP achieved in 2015 consolidated revenues of €5.3 billion and consolidated EBITA of €351 million.
Reporting into the CEO for the UK this is a new appointment and represents an outstanding opportunity to make a significant contribution to a global business with ambitious growth plans. The main purpose of the role will be to develop and drive the strategic direction of SPIE UK. To build a successful, business development community that thrives within the operational business units and be responsible for SPIE UK’s organic growth. You will also be a member of the SPIE UK Executive Board influencing the CEO and four Divisional Managing Directors. Helping to devise, develop and deliver a comprehensive strategic and tactical plan for business development, income generation and EBIT growth.
- You will develop strategic relationships with partners and manufacturers
- Influence and support the review of current communication and marketing tools in line with key business plan principles
- Increasing the turnover of the organisation by 100% in the next 3-5 years
- Ensure key accounts are managed and developed in line with group standards
- Inspire, develop and motivate the business development community
The successful candidate will need several years’ experience working in a senior business development role in a corporate environment selling engineering services with a proven track record of success. You will need experience of developing and implementing partnership development activities.
- A strong influencer and negotiator, who is self-motivated, resilient and a team player
- Highly articulate, capable of radical thinking and developing new innovative strategies for communicating
- Able to provide strong leadership and direction in a matrix environment to the teams in business development, marketing and communication
- It is essential that you have excellent rapport building skills to be able to build consensus and support for the business development strategy and deliver a clear vision
This role is advertised by MCS Executive Search on behalf of SPIE.
All applications will go directly to MCS. Any applications going to SPIE directly will be forwarded on to MCS Executive Search.
Apply for UK STRATEGY & DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly