Senior Electrical Design Engineer - Top 10 Consultancy
We are working with one of the worlds largest and most well-known Building Services Consultancies to find them a Degree qualified, Senior Electrical Design Engineer. Established over 100 years ago, they operate from a network of 15 offices and provide a true turn-key design and project delivery service to their clients. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills in all aspects of a buildings operations and maintenance life cycle from pre-planning, feasibility, concept design, detailed design, on construction and post occupancy.
Working within their "Existing Buildings" division, you will enjoy a very fast paced and diverse role as you carry out Electrical design, manage projects, manage key client accounts and also carry out specialist electrical surveys.
You will develop experience across major commercial, retail and industrial projects ranging from £50K to £50M, commissioning and testing and also major plant renewal and replacement projects.
Key elements of your role will involve;
- Liaising with clients, managing Agents, developers and building managers.
- Leading client meetings to discuss and deliver their Project requirements.
- Assisting with preparing fee Proposals and managing resources.
- Carrying out a range of specialist survey such as condition surveys, pre-acquisition surveys and dilapidation surveys.
- Providing and life cycle analysis and costing on plant, capital replacement and future energy costs.
- Provide detailed Electrical Design services to clients for major commercial office and retail infrastructure projects.
- Managing and mentoring a small team of Design Engineers.
- Managing MEP projects from inception to handover.
- Auditing the performance of specialist Technical FM sub-contractors.
- Leading the Commissioning and Validation process prior to handing over the building.
- Acting on behalf of the building owner / occupier to ensure they are maximising the true value of their property portfolio.
The ideal Senior Electrical Design Engineer will be Degree qualified and Chartered (or working towards Chartered status) have a solid understanding and experience in the negotiation of Contracts, preparing fee proposals, managing teams and managing projects from inception to post occupancy. Whilst not essential, individuals who have initially worked in a hands-on / on the tools environment prior to switching over to consultancy will have a slight advantage.
In return they offer flexible core working hours, 25 days leave, Private Medical, 4 x Life Assurance, ongoing CPD via a CIBSE Approved Training and Development program, 5% pension and the genuine potential of becoming an owner / Partner. Job Ref 1355