Thermal Modelling Engineer
A Thermal Modelling Engineer is required to join a small team of engineers specialising in environmental, energy and sustainability analysis across a wide range of building projects. The role would suit a young engineer or graduate with a keen interest in simulation and sustainability within buildings who wishes to further their career within a leading consultancy environment.
Work sectors include major commercial schemes; high quality residential; healthcare; science and technology; education; retail; hotel; and transport projects.
Key duties and responsibilities will include the following:-
- Simulation and thermal modelling including energy calculations, overheating analysis and generation of building thermal loads.
- Design studies informing passive approaches to building design, low energy building services, and the integration of renewable energy sources and other low carbon technologies.
- Carrying out dynamic thermal modelling to demonstrate compliance with Building Regulations assessments for new and existing buildings.
- Supporting the production of Energy Strategies and Statements for submission to planning authorities.
- Developing new capabilities and processes around the application of building simulation and performance analysis.
- Providing support and guidance to engineering teams in the application of simulation tools to enhance the design process and contribute to improved outcomes.
Required experience and skills:
- Good understanding of the range of building simulation approaches and their application to passive and low energy design; and a desire to contribute to the expansion of capabilities in this area.
- Conversant in the use of IES software including ModelIT, Apache, Compliance, etc.
- Good understanding of mechanical and electrical building services design.
- Familiarity with the current Building Regulations including Part L and Part F documents.
Apply for Thermal Modelling Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly