MEP Design Manager - Property Developer
An award-winning Property Developer are looking for an MEP Design Manager (Mechanical bias) to oversee a high-profile £50M new build commercial office in London.
Established over 40 years ago they now employ over 500 staff and have delivered some of the most iconic projects across London and have recently secured a number of prestigious awards.
As the MEP Design Manager, you will be responsible for managing the MEP package from "Stage D" design stage, design development, tendering, contract award and handover on a £50M, 10 storey high profile new build commercial development in London.
Reporting to the Senior Design Manager you will be responsible for reviewing, critiquing and commenting and then approving all consultants design information and preparing preliminary issue, tender, construction and finally as-built documentation.
You will also be responsible for reviewing the specialist contractors design information from 'for approval' issue to 'Construction' issue for all MEP Services including, Electrical, Lifts, Fire Alarms, Sprinklers, BMS, Data and Cabling, Smoke Control, HVAC, Gas and Water Services, Water Services and also liaising with utility providers such as UKPN, Thames Water and BT.
Using your previous design, Project Management and coordination skills you will establish key MEP design deliverables, chair design team meetings to monitor progress, close out RFI's, discuss key design issues and ultimately establish a low risk and robust installation programme and commissioning strategy.
- Income Protection
- Private Health Care
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Interest Free Season ticket loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme Pension
- 21 days leave which increases based on time served.
- Childcare Vouchers
- Life Insurance
- Discretionary bonus
- Starting salary up to £60K with an annual pay review.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
- Minimum of six years' experience in Building Services
- Good understanding of most aspects of MEP systems within commercial buildings
- Previous experience on-site experience delivering the packages listed above, this could be from a hands-on perspective or project or design management perspective.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple packages, deadlines and deliverables simultaneously.
More jobs like this
- Project Management Building services (general) jobs in South East England
- Project Management Electrical engineering jobs in South East England
- Project Management Mechanical engineering jobs in South East England
- Project Management Public health engineering jobs in South East England
- Project Management Sustainability jobs in South East England