Mechanical (HVAC) Resident Engineer
We are working in partnership with a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy to find them a Mechanical bias, Resident Engineer to oversee the replacement of the main heating plant on a large building in Whitehall.
Your key duties will consist of;
- Liaising with the stakeholders, consultants and specialist subcontractors.
- Witnessing the strip out of the existing plant and associated equipment.
- Identifying any potential coordination or clashes and proposing solutions to keep the project to the programme.
- Witnessing and verifying the new installations and ensure it complies with the design and relevant building and health and safety regulations.
- Developing method statements for inspection and testing procedures the mechanical plant and public health and fire services.
- Assisting with the testing, witnessing and commissioning of the new plant.
- Reporting on progress on site to the client and back to the consultants.
- Leading progress meetings with Client and delivery contractor.
- Produce technical reports.
- Acting as the main point of contact for the client throughout the duration of the upgrade project.
It is essential that you have previously worked as a Mechanical Resident Engineer, have a good overview of HVAC design and installation best practices and can manage multiple specialist sub consultants and ensure the project is delivered to programme and budget.