Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Glasgow - £40K to £50K + Car/Pension/Health/Bonus
Human Capital Solutions is pleased to be working with a global leader in commercial property services, who provide occupiers and investors around the world with industry leading, end-to-end property solutions.
The business is amongst the largest commercial property services firms in the world with turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Operating within Building Consultancy, their core business areas are Building Services Detailed Design, Performance Specification, Technical Due Diligence Surveys, Technical Reporting and Maintenance Strategies.
Projects are varied and interesting and will allow you to develop an understanding of the commercial property sector that will set you apart from your peers.
The role would suit an ambitious individual as the role has a clear career path to Associate within a growing team. You will be currently employed with a detailed Design role and be looking for a varied Mechanical; Building Services role that will involve end to end client and project management.
The role will provide the opportunity to work alongside and network with, leading commercial client contacts and also, internal industry leaders in Asset Management, Commercial Investment Management and QS teams etc that work within my clients business.
- Design, manage and supervise projects coordinating with other engineering disciplines. Carry out detailed design in accordance with industry guides.
- Prepare specifications, reports, design drawings and budget costs to programme. Supervise project works on site, workmanship and testing.
- Due diligence survey, dilapidation, feasibility, audit and reports.
- Contribute to fee, billing and profit targets.
- Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical; requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope.
- Agree level of service, and project design duties for each project, understand relationship with fee.
- Assist with monitoring engineering/CAD resource requirement for each project.
- Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved.
- Liaise with the design team to produce coordinated designs that are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular in house design reviews and checks.
- Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
- Manage and participate in a programme of site inspections and Building Service audits including but not limited to condition surveys, dilapidations, due diligence and acquisition reports.
- Monitor contract staff or third party appointments.
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Pursue new business opportunities where appropriate with existing and new clients.
- Assist with identifying and implementing personal training and CPD requirements.
- Assist in developing working practices in the Company.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
- Implement company health and safety. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
- Implement requirements for ISO9001 and ISO4001.
- Either Chartered or working towards being a Chartered Engineer or associate member of IMechE, CIBSE or other related professional body.
- Degree Qualified Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- Desire to achieve Associate level position and work towards Associateship via performance appraisal.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Building Services practices, procedures and standards; particularly
principles of Electrical and Mechanical Design and Engineering Compliance.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, BIM, Blue Beam, BIM 360 Glue.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team or in isolation.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
In return they offer a competitive salary plus car allowance, significant annual bonus, pension and a host of other flexible package options.
Please get in touch for further information regarding this opportunity.