Principal Security Engineer
The intelligent buildings group of a well-known building engineering group are growing their security engineering team. As well as security, this group includes engineers from communications, audio-visual and BMS specialisms.
With the innovation of technology in modern buildings security is an integral part of the design and build and this is a great opportunity to workon a wide scope of projects with a multi-award winning international engineering consultancy.
You will be responsible for delivering and supporting a range of projects across various sectors. Working either independently or alongside other members of the team, you will be producing security engineering reports and designs, as well as supporting our wider engineering teams to develop the technical designs in accordance with the security strategy. Together with the security team leader and other specialists within the company, you will also take a lead role in developing the firms approach to security systems / electronic security design providing industry leading solutions to clients.
We are looking for someone preferably from a consultancy background who is confident working of their own accord
- You will have a relevant degree, or equivalent qualification and be working towards or have achieved chartered status. You will also be a member of industry associations such as the RSES or be actively working towards this.
- Typically with 5 or more years' experience working in a consultancy environment you will have a thorough understanding of security engineering and its role within an interdisciplinary design process, but also have particular specialist technical knowledge in security systems design.
- You will have excellent knowledge of current technical standards and industry best practice around security systems including Access Control, Intruder Detection and Video Surveillance.
- With previous consultancy experience, you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings and be adept at analysing and interpreting their impact on your work.
- You must be competent with engineering IT packages such as AutoCAD and experience of BIM and Revit would be an advantage.
- The successful candidate must be willing to travel regionally and occasionally internationally.
Being part of this specialist team will mean you will have exposure to a wide range of exciting and unique projects. There is a structured career path for an ambitious individual to progress within the company and really make a name for themselves within the business.