Senior Public Health Design Engineer - London
An award-winning firm of Building Services Consulting Engineers based in West London is keen to recruit a Public Health Design Engineer to Lead the PH Division taking responsibility for current projects and support Engineers.
Working from offices throughout the UK they offer a diverse portfolio of work in the UK, Europe and The Middle East including Education, Healthcare, Industrial, Law & Order, Mixed Use, Office, Residential, Retail & Leisure and Transport.
Current high profile assignments include Mixed Use (London), £100m+ over 2000 dwellings, Commercial & Retail space. Student Accommodation - £60m construction value (the project comprises over 1,000 student beds) and various other small and large scale projects.
The successful individual would report to an Equity Partner, a career path is mapped out for the successful candidate to become an Associate. You will be involved with a wide range of activities including:
- Preparation of reports, schemes drawings and specifications in order to comply with current legislation
- Monitoring of schemes to ensure compliance with current legislation
- Site surveys of existing installations
- Sketch and detail design of soil, waste and rainwater systems for above ground
- Design of domestic hot and cold water services
- Production of sizing calculations, specifications and drawings
- Co-ordination with other building and design services
- Liaison with Architects, Structural Engineers, Statutory Authorities etc.
- Attendance at team and site meetings and liaising with other team members
- Assist in the preparation of fee submissions and project bids
- Taking responsibility for the running of the PH department and mentoring of other PH Engineers
- Ability to develop good working relations with internal and external clients
Skills / Experience:
- Candidates should be qualified to HNC / HND level ideally and must be able to demonstrate significant experience in a similar role
- Minimum of 4 years of building services consultancy experience
- Previously worked on a varied portfolio of project types
- Good numerical and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be able to work under tight time constraints
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Good team working skills.
Professional Memberships / Qualifications:
- Member of the Society of Public Health Engineers (preferable)
You will be paid a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package including Pension (contributory), Bonus, 5 weeks holiday, Childcare vouchers, travel assistance and working a typical 37½ week.
For further information on this position and all other vacancies not listed within Building Services Engineering and the Built Environment, please contact Paul Bartlett FIRP on 020 8549 3003 / email@example.com
At Bartlett Recruitment we appreciate that it is not always easy to talk during the normal working day so we are available to discuss career opportunities typically from 7am – 9pm and at weekends.