Freelance Electrical Design Engineer - 6 Month Contract
Due to major project wins across the firm, we are currently looking for a Freelance Electrical Design engineer for one of the UK's leading interdisciplinary engineering, environmental and architectural consultancies.
With a proud history stretching back over 50 years and over 2000 staff they have delivered award winning projects across Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia and have extensive experience within the Healthcare, Commercial, Education and Science & Technology sectors.
- Assist with closing off and handing over a major project.
- Checking electrical designs, schematics and schedules against the architects 1.50 scale drawings.
- Ensuring installations on site comply with the initial design.
- Cross checking calculations using Amtech.
- Providing a QA function prior to handover to client.
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or Building Services
- At least four years' experience in the Building Services industry as an Electrical Design Engineer.
- Good Amtech and Dialux skills.
- Willingness to attend site meetings once or twice a week.
- Good communication skills in order to be able to liaise with contractors on-site.
- Detailed knowledge of low voltage distribution, small power, communications, PA and Intruder detection systems, lighting, emergency lighting, fire alarm systems, access control and lightning protection.
Whilst not essential, previous experience working on mission critical facilities such as Healthcare, Laboratories or Data Centres would be beneficial. Ref 1506