Electrical Design Engineer
We are working with a well-established turnkey consultancy that specialises in the design of highly controlled environments such as laboratories, clean rooms and secondary manufacturing plants to find them an Electrical bias Design Engineer for an immediate start.
The Electrical Design Engineer will be required to carry out all necessary design functions covering all types of Electrical Building services and should also have a good understanding and appreciation for mechanical systems (such as pipe work, ductwork, plants, chillers, AHU's, medical gasses, steam etc) and should be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Producing concept, preliminary and detailed designs according to the specific project requirements.
- Produce sketches and details that reflect the design calculations
- Develop detailed calculations and functional layouts to meet the criteria outlined.
- Select equipment and materials which will satisfy the design parameters, applicable codes and standards.
- Carry out various site visits and surveys, attend client meetings, perform traditional office based design functions, write technical specifications and then attend site during the construction phase in order to review quality and to resolve unforeseen problems during construction phase.
- Assist with project control, closely monitoring project fee and initial estimated hours versus actual hours. Report back to the Directors on a monthly basis.
- Assist field staff and subcontractors to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications
- Remain informed on the latest developments in technology, equipment and materials so that the designs produced integrate the most effective, economical and solution systems available within this heavily controlled and regulated industry.
- Current understanding of Building Regulations.
- Good working knowledge of renewable / LZC technologies.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the Electrical design of buildings.
- Commitment to pursue and obtain Chartered Status if not already chartered or making active progress to becoming chartered.