Technical Director - Fire Engineering
Fire Engineering Technical Director, New Zealand. The Fire Engineering Technical Director that I have been tasked with appointing will have a proven background in the fire engineering industry, ideally in New Zealand. You will be experienced in leading teams of fire engineering professionals, along with advising and delivering complex solutions to large construction engineering projects within leading consultancies. As the National Fire Engineering leader & Technical Director in New Zealand, you will lead a national team of engineers across my clients New Zealand offices & be based in Christchurch, Wellington or Auckland.
I am looking for a talented Fire Engineer (Principal Level & above) who is either based in New Zealand or is committed to relocating/returning long term to one of the most beautiful countries in the world.
As a global engineering consultancy that brings innovative ideas to life, my client imagines what is possible, and turns problems into solutions. Providing advisory, design, delivery and asset management services to projects across the globe, they seek to unravel complexity, create clarity and invent new value for clients. They apply their unique thinking to provide innovative digital solutions, a part of which is their Fire Engineering stream.
As the title suggests, your leadership is key. They have an excellent team that loves what they do, as well as a company that is fully behind the impact effective fire engineering has on project delivery. You will be the drive behind the delivery of technical excellence, team engagement, and the go-to in developing their key clients in this discipline. As the Fire Engineering Lead you will:
- Have access to a valuable company ownership opportunity
- Play a key role in the ability of the company to meet its project commitments
- Work closely with the national Project Leaders to define and implement technical direction
- Receive personal development opportunities to ensure you achieve your own career goals
- Enjoy the opportunity for regular national, and occasional international, travel
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a proven track record of driving fire engineering services, capabilities, and delivery for large organisations
- Be confident with managing people, and proven ability in leading teams to success
- Enjoy working with clients throughout the acquiring, servicing, and consulting process
- Understand and monitor key trends relevant to the fire engineering market
- Be able to lead and deliver successful projects
- Be effective working with people of all types - engineers to clients, CEO's to technical experts
- Be a chartered engineer, preferably within New Zealand
- Hold a fire related tertiary qualification, preferably to Masters level
In return for your skills they offer you the benefits that come with working in a global professional services firm and provide on-going support and development in an environment where initiative is rewarded very well. They are committed to fostering a culture that empowers people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
If you are seeking an opportunity to step up and influence projects from the beginning, within an environment which encourages innovation and seeks to foster ideas and talent, this is the role for you.
For further information and a confidential discussion regarding this great career opportunity, get in touch with James Mowat at Energi People ASAP.