Junior Lighting Designer
Up to £30,000 plus benefits
One of the leading providers of MEP Design Services in the South West of England is currently in the market for a Lighting Designer. This is a rare opportunity for a candidate with a keen interest in Lighting Design to join a company that values professional development and high quality detailed design.
The successful candidate will be working on projects that include ecologically minded schools, modern healthcare facilities and heritage developments. We will be considering applications from those who are recent Graduate through to candidates with around 3 years' experience. Graduate candidates will be eligible to join our client's Graduate training programme.
Key Responsibilities - Lighting Designer
* The development of lighting concepts- including the preparations of detailed design calculations and simulations.
* Preparation of reports and pre-planning information.
* Ensuring lighting design is compliant with relevant standards and energy requirements.
* Site surveys - this may include working outside standard hours.
* Contributing to providing intuitive solutions to design problems.
Key Requirements - Lighting Designer
* Qualification in Lighting design, Architecture, Engineering or Interior design education is preferred. MSc in Lighting will be advantageous.
* Be fully IT literate with knowledge of BIM and relevant design software. Experience in the use of AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop, InDesign and lighting calculation software would be preferred.
* Hold a full UK driving license
The salary on offer for this role will be commensurate to the experience of the candidate and position offered. There will also be a generous benefits package.