Principal Electrical Design Engineer - Hertfordshire
Due to a recent promotion, we are looking for a Principal (or experienced Senior) Electrical Engineer to take a lead role in managing the Electrical team and leading complex projects from initial feasibility to final client handover.
This will involve carrying out all necessary design functions covering Electrical systems such as producing calculations and specifications, equipment selection and managing the design delivery on a day to day basis. You will also be required to carry out site visits, surveys, data gathering, leading client meetings, office based design functions, assist in estimating of designs, producing schemes and layouts for CAD drafting by support staff, writing technical specifications, visiting site for quality control during construction, assistance with final commissioning and hand over and producing Health & Safety files and O&M manuals.
- Producing Concept, Preliminary and Detailed designs according to the project requirements and develop detailed calculations and functional layouts to meet the criteria outlined.
- Communicate professionally at all levels from design meetings to Client/sales presentations and must be able to provide leadership of an M & E team to deliver the clients requirements.
- Resolving any problems which occur during the construction stage in order to maintain a continuity of work flow and ensure the programme doesn't drift.
- Follow the progress of projects work from the time sheet documents are completed and issued, through contract awards, scope revisions, shop drawing checks, completion of construction, commissioning, start-up and preparation of final record drawings and O&M manuals.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the industry by reading technical journals, attending relevant IEE / CIBSE technical seminars and attending in house seminars or presentations from manufacturers.
- Ability and willingness to assist the Bid teams in making project presentations to new clients.
A major activity early in the design, is the accumulation of detailed information from the client in order to produce and expand the user requirements and further define the scope of work. The data collected is coordinated with the other disciplines (Architectural, structural, electrical, mechanical and public health) to ensure everyone has the current data, all items are covered and restrictions and interferences are accounted for.
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or Building Services.
- Membership of a recognised professional Institution such as CIBSE or the IET.
- Previous experience managing a team of Engineers.
- End to end project expwerience.
- Ability to design, plan, resource and deliver technically sound and commervcially viable projects.
- 25 days leave
- Private Medical Cover
- 4 x Life Insurance
- Matched Pension to 5.5%
- Profit related bonus based on overall Company profitability.
- Payment of 1 x Professional Memberships
This is a great opportunity to join a well-known multi-disciplinary engineering and construction consultancy and get involved in complex education, healthcare, research and commercial office projects from inception to construction.