Senior Project Manager | Mechanical & Electrical
Capstone are working with an international building services engineering and facilities management service provider, who have a requirement within their rapidly expanding projects division for a Senior Project Manager to lead the delivery of mechanical, electrical, construction and building fabric projects across a portfolio of commercial client sites.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for generating and delivering a variety of projects with full accountability and responsibility for managing the project management process throughout the complete life-cycle.
Main Responsibilities / Duties Include
- Identify and generate project opportunities from within a set portfolio of maintenance contracts.
- Liaise with key stakeholders on their requirements and explain feasibility of their schemes to become a trusted advisor.
- Work with developers, designers and sub-contractors to define and document scope(s) of work(s).
- Develop and understand the full scope of works in line with the desired project business case and in turn outcome. This is to be within agreed budget requirements and required profit margins.
- Manage, run and draw up tenders on behalf of the customer as required. Carry out full tender analysis of all sub-contractor returns.
- Work within the current CDM process. In the main taking on the role of principle contractor.
- Identify, reduce and manage all statutory and commercial risks associated with the project they are leading.
- Ensure QHSE practices and processes are fully embedded in each project.
- Ensure full compliance with project management policies and procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s) "end to end". Activities to include business development, estimating, quantity surveying, sub-contractor management and site management duties.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s).
- Ensure customer acceptance is adhered to, in writing and in line with the project plans.
- Mutually agree payment schedules and applications for payment to the benefit of the project and the business.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored.
- Provide timely monthly reports to the Director in an agreed format.
- Identify and develop a short/medium and long term pipeline of Project opportunities from the portfolio of customers within the Sector.
- Leverage opportunities through visibility and presence on customer sites.
- Liaise with colleagues to determine and identify project opportunities. Use case studies to promote business and host key decision makers on show site tours.
- Build strong effective working relationships with our customers and site teams.
- Build a pipeline of supply partners with the correct approvals in conjunction with the central procurement team.
- Full accountability for the P&L on each project.
- Ensure that all financial objectives are met.
- Analyse variances and initiate corrective actions.
- Value all sub-contractor accounts and make application for payments.
- Ensure the projects are commercially viable and satisfy the commercial terms of the contract.
- Ensure all projects are managed through Company policies and procedures in relation to commercial activities.
The Project Process
- Define and understand the scope of work to meet the customer's specification.
- Competitively price the works whilst returning expected profit margins.
- Review all pre construction information and implement a construction phase plan.
- Engage with sub-contractors under the correct commercial terms.
- Define the project plan and programme to deliver the works.
- Appraise all sub-contractor RAMS to make sure that they are suitable and sufficient
- Be in attendance on site for the works inclusive of any out of hour's requirements.
- Set up the QHSE processes and make sure they are monitored.
- Ensure all variations to the works are captured, costed and claimed for.
- Make sure all O&M manuals are complete and available prior to practical completion.
- Close out all final accounts with both the customer and all those in the supply chain.
- CDM regulations
- IOSH Managing Safely and/or SMSTS
- Recognised technical qualification in construction, mechanical, electrical or similar
- Business standard of written and verbal literacy and numeracy
- Project Management experience in an M&E, FM, construction or critical environment
- Recognised qualification in Project Management
- Fully competent with Project Management methodology
- Broad understanding of construction Health and Safety law and legislation
Senior Project Manager | M&E Project Manager | Contracts Manager | Building Services Manager