Senior/Principal Electrical Design Engineer
Senior/Principal Electrical Design Engineer - £50 – 65k + Car (or allowance) + Package
I am currently working alongside a Design and Build engineering organisation who are looking to grow their electrical design team. This opportunity has arisen due to a substantial number of project wins within the Data Centre and Mission Critical sector – one of which is currently the UK’s largest Data Centre Campus.
They provide the full service from initial conception stage to build to after care with their team of maintenance engineers.
This role will be predominately based from their Herts office but there will be travel to various sites, meetings etc around London and overseas. Whilst in London you will be able to work from the London office which is based close to Kings Cross.
Key company info
- 130 staff in total – 70 in Herts, 15 in London the rest are site based.
- The design team is currently made up of 7 engineers - 4 mechanical and 3 electrical
- Turnover last year (2016) is £56m
- 80% of their business is repeat work. They don’t tender for work but rather negotiate with existing clients as they don’t need to go down that route yet
- They aren’t a main contractor nor a consultancy, they refer to themselves as an Engineering Company which offer the whole package for a project.
- The professional services department consist of designers and estimators who work very closer together.
Why work for them
- Flat structure
- Everyone is hands on from their MD down to their graduates
- No micromanagement – you are trusted to be able to do the role you have been hired to do
- You will gain a more rounded role – you will have a chance to get involved in a lot more than just designing
- Full support of the company – new ideas are always welcomed and you can be left on your own to develop them with backing from the company
- They can offer the full life cycle of the project – no more doing designs that never get developed. Everything you design will be built/used
- Great social side – quarterly company shutdowns, family fun days, monthly team events
- Family life is very important to them and their ethos – their benefits package is family orientated
For more information in regards to this particular position or other electrical design engineer roles please contact me on email@example.com or 0207 065 7276