Mechanical Project/Design Engineer - £45-£55k - London
Are you a Mechanical Project Engineer with a strong Design background, looking to secure a position away from the day to day design, but still using your skills and working on major projects.
If the answer is yes, and you are looking for a new challenge offering great prospects, I would be keen to talk to you.
I am currently working with a company who specialise in the Design, Project Management and Commissioning of Major projects, both in London and across the UK.
They are currently looking to recruit a Project engineer with a good knowledge of HVAC/Building services Design, to join their specialist Project Delivery team.
This is a great chance for someone who maybe wants to step away from hands on Design, and become more involved in project delivery and handover.
Requirements for the position:
- A strong knowledge of Mechanical HVAC systems, either in a Design or installation capacity.
- Ideally educated to HND or degree level, but this is not essential.
- Capable of reviewing consultants Design drawings, and ensuring “Buildability” on site.
- Capable of performing a client facing role on site, liaising with contractors, client representatives and project engineers/managers.
- The ability to work to deadlines, and manage your own diary and workload.
- A strong understanding of building Services regulations within the UK.
- A Full UK driving licence is essential for the position.
Day to day duties:
- Responsible for the Project administration, overseeing design and commissioning/testing on MEP projects.
- Undertake a client facing role, managing their expectations and keeping them up to date on project progress.
- Review 3rd party MEP design drawings, to ensure they are compatible.
- Oversee the testing and commissioning process, and appoint 3rd party suppliers where needed.
- Contract administration duties, and ensure the projects are compatible with UK regulations.
- Chair and manage client meetings.
- Day to day decision making on the project, and provide advice to clients.
- Represent the company in a professional capacity.
What my client can offer you:
- The chance to work on high profile projects, with industry leading consultancy, architects and contracting companies.
- Be part of a growing and exciting team, with genuine future prospects and management potential.
- A very competitive salary package, including bonus scheme and generous holiday
If you are a Mechanical Project/Design engineer and based in the London/South East region, and you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Dean Parry, Director of BPI Recruitment.
I am available on 01483 343 016 or mobile 07823 333 533 from 8am-8pm
Alternatively you can email email@example.com