Senior Design Engineer
Your new company
The company is well established within the HVAC industry, where it enjoys a reputation for quality of service and product, as well as depth of technical know-how, which enables it to offer bespoke air movement products to multiple sectors. A rapid increase in demand has led the company to reach out in a search for high quality staff that will enable the company to continue its growth and cement its status and excellent reputation within the industry.
Your new role
In charge of a small team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the production of manufacturing and general arrangement drawings for our bespoke product range. This will include the 3D/2D modelling of components and assembly drawings; the sizing & specification of components; compiling bill of materials and the production of project documentation.
Other responsibilities will include product inspection and some on-site work. Importantly, the successful candidate will also plan and implement a new product development program, including prototypes, testing and the production of sales and technical literature. New products will need to comply with industry standards of which they will need to become familiar.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will be, or will have:
- Leader by example to encourage and develop a small team
- A competent user of Solidworks
- 3+ years Solidworks experience in a working environment
- Experience with sheet metal design
- General drawing office duties
- Good communication with internal departments, suppliers and customers
- Team player also with the ability to work independently.
- Possess initiative in all aspects of the job role
- Capable of multi-tasking
- HVAC design experience preferred but not essential
- Previous experience as Senior Design Engineer or similar role.
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.