Principal Sustainability Engineer
An ambitious, experienced Principal Level Sustainability Engineer is required by a very successful engineering consultancy to join their busy team and take a lead role in project managing and delivering high quality sustainable energy solutions on a wide range of projects.
Typically running 20 - 30 projects at any one time, the sustainability group work very closely with the Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health teams, Architects and clients across many sectors including Science & Research, Higher Education, Healthcare, Commercial, Sport & Leisure sectors. Approximately 90% of the projects are new build, extensions or refurb projects and for the remaining 10% the group work closely with the performance team auditing existing buildings.
The sustainability team in this office are a close-knit group that work well together and are motivated and ambitious to deliver the best possible results and therefore looking for a motivated Principal Sustainability Engineer to join the already strong team.
With strong IES design and simulation capability, your role will involve identifying best passive solutions, compare low-carbon technologies, and draw conclusions on energy use, CO2 emissions, occupant comfort, light levels & airflow to name but a few. A strong background in UK Building Regulations Part L, EPCs & BREEAM will be key in developing solutions that truly deliver a low-energy, low-carbon project whilst also meeting various compliance-related drivers.
You will contribute to work planning, manage stakeholder expectations and develop client relationships as well as establishing clear project briefs and delegating activities. You will also be responsible for coaching and mentoring more junior members of the team.
This is a company that are just as serious about sustainability as they are about valuing talent. This is a rare opportunity to grow not only your own career, but the industry approach to your field of expertise.
This role would suit someone who is passionate about sustainability and is confident in working closely with and discussing technical issues and solutions with a wide scope of people.
Someone who can take ownership of a project and effectively manage their time to deliver multiple projects would be suitable for this role.
This role is open to Principal Level candidates.
- Competitive starting salary
- CAR Allowance
- 25 days' annual leave
- Competitive benefits package
- Opportunity to work on exciting projects from day one
- Exposure to variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
- Active support towards further professional accreditation
This is an exciting role with one of the UK's leading consultancies that offer a fantastic platform for any ambitious and creative individual who wants to establish their name within the building services and sustainability sector.