Building services engineers are responsible for ensuring the cost-effective, environmentally sound and sustainable design and maintenance of engineering services in buildings.
The areas of responsibility includes all equipment and materials involved with heating, lighting, ventilation, air-conditioning, automatic controls, water supply, sanitation, public health, fire protection, safety systems, renewable technologies and acoustics.
The Electrical Engineer shall generally work using their own initiative and previous project experience, however guidance and management of senior engineers is always available where required
Tasks typically involve:
1. Preparing detailed diagrams, plans, drawings, specifications and tender documentation.
2. Use of Amtech power suite cable calculation software
3. Using Auto-cad software and other resources to design the systems required for the project.
4. Managing and forecasting spend, using whole life cycle costing techniques, ensuring that work is kept to budget.
5. Designing Incoming services from transformer position to building.
6. Visiting existing sites and carrying out surveys, providing recommendations reports.
7. Due diligence surveys
8. Overseeing and supervising the installation of building services systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures;
9. Carrying out Maximum demand load assessments
10. Monitoring building systems and processes;
11. Organising and assessing the work of Contractors;
12. Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, builders, architects and surveyors, and in-house project teams;
13. Attending a range of project group and technical meetings;
14. Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements;
15. Specifying renewable energy systems as appropriate
Education and Training
The minimum education, qualifications and/or training required for effective performance.
Essential: HNC or equivalent in a relevant discipline
Desirable: Degree in a relevant discipline and chartered membership of CIBSE
Ongoing training & CPD will be provided by Jenks Associates Limited
Essential: Detailed knowledge of Electrical systems & basic mechanical services
Knowledge of relevant legislation
Proficient in the use of AutoCad software
Good level of IT literacy
Excellent communication skills.
Sound knowledge of the latest Edition of BS 7671
Fully conversant with Amtech Power suite
Essential: Current Driving Licence
Apply for Electrical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly