Senior Electrical Engineer
A mid sized building services consultancy in Central London now has a vacancy available for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer due to an increase in workloads and planned growth for the business.
- The Senior Electrical Engineer job will offer a basic salary of between £50,000 and £60,000.
- Has been trading for over 15 years.
- Currently employs circa 30 staff.
- Their services include proving complete low carbon energy solutions and mechanical and electrical engineering services, integrated energy design and dynamic modelling for various type of building projects.
- The team works within a range of core disciplines including residential, commercial, hospitality and public sector.
- The company’s services are provided for projects in and outside of the UK, which brings a variety of challenges on very interesting and high profile projects.
- They working in a relaxed and friendly environment based in a modern office located near to good transport links in Central London.
- To oversee a number of electrical design projects at a time.
- Oversee and demonstrate the delivery of electrical services design of projects from inception through to completion, including concept and detailed design, meeting with clients and installation and commissioning.
- Responsibility electrical design (lighting, power distribution, security, telecoms, fire detection, cable sizing, cable tray sizing, voltage drop calculations etc.), commercial and financial management, and resourcing for the projects under your control
- Set out and work to commercial plans for your projects, i.e. fee schedules against key milestones.
- Ensuring electrical engineering designs are in accordance with the client’s brief and project requirements.
- Develop, nurture and maintain progression of more junior electrical engineers within your team as they progress in their careers.
- Technical and QA reviews of electrical design packages and ensure full coordination with electrical counterparts.
- Maintain good technical knowledge of the industry and relevant building services design and industry standards.
- Responsible for ensuring a clear line of command and mentorship for the electrical engineers.
- Ability to delegate and gain best output from the intermediate and junior engineer’s support.
- Possess good commercial awareness on project fees and the cost to deliver design services ensuring work is delivered within budget.
- Possess good technical knowledge of the industry and relevant building services design, industry standards and capable of incorporating those into any project.
- Maintain good client and design team relationships.
Apply for Senior Electrical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly