Maintenance Team Leader
Your new company
My client is the UK's leading port operator, with a unique network of 21 ports across the UK. The group's other activities include rail terminal operations, ship's agency, dredging, and marine consultancy. Each port also offers a well-established community of port service providers.
Your new role
Responsible for: Maintenance of port equipment and facilities.
Main purpose of role: Day to day supervision of maintenance / operational duties of Mechanical and Electrical Fitters, providing an added value maintenance service, which has safe working practices and flexible approach.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Day to day supervision of maintenance/operational duties of Mechanical and Electrical Fitters.
- Day to day liaison with the Vehicle workshop to ensure all vehicles are readily available, in service and MOT'd.
- Ensuring planned/unplanned maintenance activities are carried out on time, to the required standard and in a timely manner.
- Carryout Mechanical Inspection Remedial's works within agreed timescales.
- Ensuring operational activities are the correct resource assigned.
- To work in a safe manner, assist with the collation of risk assessments and work in accordance with safe systems of work.
- Complete relevant paperwork and provide Mainsaver administrators sufficient information to keep the system up to date.
- Assist Procurement Officer in sourcing bespoke spare parts and contractor service.
- Carryout on the job safety/workshop inspections.
- Ensure "On Call" rosta is manned to provide level of service required.
- Respond to out of hours calls as required, should customer not be able to get hold of "On Call" Men.
- Co-operate closely with other disciplines and contractors.
- Work to be carried out in workshops and/or around the port estate.
- Any other duties that may be deemed to be within your capabilities and commensurate with your role.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience working within an Engineering Manufacturing environment
Knowledge of Heavy engineering equipment i,e Gearboxes, Cranes etc
Mechanical / Electrical knowledge
What you'll get in return
Opportunity to join a growing team within Hampshire
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.