Revit MEP Coordinator / BIM Designer
Revit MEP Coordinator / BIM Designer - £35 - £45K + Package
We have an excellent opportunity for a Revit MEP Coordinator / BIM Designer to join one on the UK's most admired and well-respected Building Services Consultancies. Offering MEP Design, BIM, Building Physics, Lighting, Fire and Sustainability advice they are widely regarded as a market leader and have a fantastic reputation for attracting, developing their staff and designing net zero carbon buildings.
Based in their stunning London office, you will be responsible for producing coordinated MEP Designs using Revit MEP and assisting the Engineers optimise their designs to ensure all MEP services integrate seamlessly into buildings.
Reporting the BIM Manager, you will be responsible for;
- Attending BIM start-up meetings and adding to the development of the BIM execution plan on projects.
- Setting up and producing BIM models using Revit MEP.
- Enforcing BIM standards including the use of Families and naming conventions which have been previously agreed.
- Identifying and rectifying common errors such as floating families, incorrect modelled element, incorrect work sets use, warnings or scaling issues.
- Coordinating all MEP services in Navisworks and running Clash reports and discussing these clashes with the design teams.
- Assisting in enhancing the standard operating procedures, templates, processes and developing new workflows or integration methods.
- Viewing templates and adjusting the visibility settings; setting up new views and sheets, creating families and templates
- Assisting creating Shared Parameters
- Exporting DWF/DXF/IFC/NWC/gbXML files.
- Guiding and teaching less experienced Technicians on BIM Level 2requirements.
- Read and interpret engineering mark-ups drawings from the design engineers and spot inconsistencies or irregularities.
- Occasionally Assist with engineering tasks (heat loss, heat gain calcs, duct sizing pipe sizing and Plant room layouts etc)
- Managing your own deadlines and deliverables.
- Act as a single point of contact for external Architects, Structural Engineers and specialist consultants.
- Pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Payment of 1 x Professional Membership
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Ongoing CPD and support for day release.
It is essential that you have a good practical understanding of Building Services and how systems go together rather than just a good understanding of Revit and BIM. Given the nature of the role, it is likely that you will have a minimum of three years' experience in a similar role, have expert Revit MEP skills and have a passion for low and zero carbon building design.