Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer
Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer - London - to £45K + Pension/Health/Bonus
Human Capital Solutions is pleased to be working with a global leader in commercial property services, who provide occupiers and investors around the world with industry leading, end-to-end property solutions.
The business is amongst the largest commercial property services firms in the world with a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Operating within Building Consultancy, their core business areas are Building Services Detailed Design, Performance Specification, Technical Due Diligence Surveys, Technical Reporting and Maintenance Strategies.
Projects are varied and interesting and will allow you to work as part of the client's team, this will allow you to develop an understanding of the commercial property market that you wouldn't acquire whilst working for a traditional Design Consultancy, thus setting you ahead your peers.
The role will be design focused, but you will broaden your technical understating of buildings by learning how to perform M&E Technical Due Diligence surveys and associated reporting.
The position would suit an ambitious individual looking to continue their career development within a hugely successful and growing division. The role has a clear route through to becoming a Senior Engineer within an agreed time frame depending on your current level of experience.
This unique opportunity will see you working alongside and networking with leading commercial client contacts and also, internal industry leaders in Asset Management, Commercial Investment Management.
You will be currently employed in a Mechanical Design role and be looking for a role that will involve design end to end and project management.
- Design, manage and supervise projects coordinating with other engineering disciplines. Carry out detailed design in accordance with industry guides.
- Prepare specifications, reports, design drawings and budget costs to programme. Supervise project works on site, workmanship and testing.
- Due diligence surveys, dilapidation, feasibility, audit and reports.
- Contribute to fee, billing and profit targets.
- Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical; requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope.
- Agree level of service, and project design duties for each project, understand relationship with fee.
- Assist with monitoring engineering/CAD resource requirement for each project.
- Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved.
- Liaise with the design team to produce coordinated designs that are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular in house design reviews and checks.
- Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
- Manage and participate in a programme of site inspections and Building Service audits including but not limited to condition surveys, dilapidations, due diligence and acquisition reports.
- Monitor contract staff or third party appointments.
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction.
- Degree Qualified Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- Desire to achieve CEng.
- Have an solid knowledge of Building Services practices, procedures and standards; particularly the principles of Mechanical Design and Engineering Compliance.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, and or BIM
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team or in isolation.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
In return they offer a competitive salary plus car allowance, significant annual bonus, significant pension and a host of other flexible package options.
Please get in touch for further information and a detailed conversation regarding this opportunity.