Mechanical Associate - Building Services
3 days left
- Full Time
We are working with a leading multi-disciplinary engineering and property consultancy located in London to find them a client facing and commercially aware Mechanical Associate.
This is a great opportunity to work on UK and international projects and be fast tracked towards an equity Director role within the next three to five years.
Established over 50 years ago in the UK, they now employ around 600 from a network of 11 offices and are well known for their commitment to quality, staff development and unique approach to project delivery.
The role will involve;
- Leading the Mechanical team in delivering both concept and detailed HVAC designs.
- Managing resources to deliver design and information packages according to programmes
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of mechanical building systems and specifying O&M procedures
- Liaising closely with the inhouse civil & structural engineers, architects, surveyors, Electrical Engineers, Environmental Engineers on projects.
- Using tools such as Revit and BIM to ensure designs are coordinated and projects don't drift from the agreed programmes.
- Selecting and specifying the most appropriate range of passive or mechanical ventilation systems.
- Wherever possible, selecting low or renewable technologies to be used on low or zero carbon projects.
- Producing and also checking calculations, drawings, specifications and equipment schedules.
- Leading client, site and design team meetings.
- Assisting the Directors with fee bids, resource planning and recruitment of new staff.
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Degree qualified in a suitable field such as Building Services or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of eight years' experience in Building Services.
- Broad range of experience spanning both private and public sector projects; including involvement in both new build and refurbishment projects.
- Previous experience leading a team of Engineers and Technicians.
- Broad range experience spanning design and overseeing the installation, testing and commissioning of HVAC systems.
- Ideally have worked in a multi-disciplinary consultancy environment.
- 25 days' holiday and study leave
- 5% Pension
- Company car or car allowance
- Private Healthcare
- 4 x Life Assurance
- Payment of 1 x Professional Membership
- Ongoing and structured CPD
- 37.5 hours a week with flexible start and finish times
Apply for Mechanical Associate - Building Services
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly