MEP Project Manager / Design Manager
We are working with a global property developer to find them a degree qualified Mechanical bias Project / Design Manager to oversee a high-profile £1.5B mixed-use development in London. This is a great opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to move into a dedicated client side role and be instrumental in the success of the one of the largest mixed-use developments currently under construction in London.
Reporting to the overall Development Director you will be responsible for minimising the risks, ensuring the programme and quality is maintained, managing the M&E design consultants and M&E contractors, monitoring their performance and advising the QS team on all commercial aspects relating to the mechanical and public health installations.
This will involve;
- Reviewing and approving the MEP design consultants invoicing and fee variations.
- Requesting proposal briefing documents and appointing the MEP design team.
- Ensuring processes and procedures are followed through the entire project, identifying and resolving risks, coordination issues or quality issues.
- Reviewing, commenting and approving all contractors proposed value engineering options
- Overseeing the installation and commissioning of all MEP plant and equipment.
- Maintaining good relationships with external consultants, contractors, trade associations and suppliers.
- Leading by example and ensuring all parties remain focussed on delivering excellence.
- Responding to RFI's and managing the flow of information between key stakeholders.
- Carry out regular site meetings and attend design team meetings.
- Produce monthly reports summarising project progress, milestones and challenges.
- Ensuring all engineering information is in accordance with CDM, British, Health and Safety and CIBSE guidelines.
- Degree qualified in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in Building Services within a consultancy, D&B contractor or developer.
- Previous experience in seeing major projects (£100M) through from concept to construction.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of Mechanical Building Services and a good overview of other disciplines such as Electrical, Lighting, Public Health and Sustainability.
- Good understanding of procurement methods, forms of contracts, commissioning and construction management.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to establish rapport with senior stakeholders, architects, consultants and investors.
- Solid time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- 8% pension
- Private healthcare
- 4 x life assurance
- 25 days leave
- Free gym membership
- Discretionary annual bonus of 10% of base salary
- Great work life balance