Senior Building Performance Engineer - Building Services
We have been approached by the one of the Directors of a global building services consultancy to find them a Senior Building Performance Engineer / Senior Sustainability Engineer with a track record of reducing energy and carbon within existing buildings.
This is a great opportunity for a Degree qualified, Senior Sustainability Engineer with previous HVAC Design and / or commissioning experience to help develop a new "Building Performance Engineering" group in London.
Working closely with the MEP Design Engineers and Energy and Sustainability Engineers your role will involve;
- Carrying out audits of existing buildings.
- Identify and diagnose poorly performing plant, HVAC systems and Electrical services.
- Preparing recommendations and reports for refurbishment projects.
- Identify and outline to clients or investors what can be achieved in terms of savings both from a short term (6 months) and long term (3 - 5 years) perspective.
- Help the MEP Engineers design solutions to reduce energy and carbon and improve the overall health and wellbeing of the buildings occupants.
- Assist the Mechanical Engineers with calculations (sizing, loads, heat loss etc)
- Assist with the Project Management / Commissioning Management of retrofitted solutions.
- Assist with the Performance testing of new buildings before they are handed over to the clients - simulate conditions to test the integrity of the Building services.
- Carry out Energy Audits and Post Occupancy Evaluations (POE).
- Analysing how a building operates and connecting and feeding this information back into the early stages of design.
- Maintaining a good network of contacts with relevant industry bodies.
- Actively promoting best practice Low Carbon building design to internal Design teams and to external clients.
This role will suit an ambitious and outgoing Senior Sustainability Engineer who has initially worked in either HVAC Design or Commissioning prior to moving into Sustainability. You will enjoy a diverse role as you work on anything from large scale renewable energy projects, district heating schemes, master-planning to energy reduction strategies across entire portfolios of property on behalf of FTSE 100 clients.