Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
A well-established, privately owned building services practice are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for their London office. Established 20 years ago they now employ around 100 staff from a network of four offices across the UK and have a reputation for designing and delivering energy efficient and innovative projects across the Education, Defence, Leisure and Healthcare sectors.
Based in their London office situated near you will be responsible for designing of Heating, ventilation and air conditioning services from RIBA Stage 2 to 5, carrying out condition surveys and feasibility studies, producing technical reports, attending Design Team and client meetings, reviewing Revit and BIM models, reviewing clash detection reports, mentoring Junior and Graduate Engineers and QA of Engineering and Cad work prior to issue.
- Deliver client focused energy efficient and cost effective HVAC solutions.
- Designing and delivering services from inception through concept design, detail design and fully coordinated installation drawings.
- Undertake feasibility studies and condition or dilapidation surveys.
- Reviewing infrastructure designs, preparing load calculations and prepare / applying initial utility services applications.
- Preparing detailed budget costs and defined estimates if required by the client.
- Ensuring HVAC designs comply with Part L, BREEAM, British standards and CIBSE guidelines.
- Collaborate with the inhouse Mechanical and Sustainability Engineers to design robust, low energy design solutions.
- Attend design team and project meetings.
- Prepare specifications and equipment schedules.
- Produce fully coordinated designs in line with RIBA Stage 5 requirements.
- Undertaking sub-contractor design drawing and technical submission reviews.
- Undertaking site quality and legislative inspections and prepare associated reports.
- Supervising the commissioning of mechanical services and plant rooms.
- Degree qualified with at least six years' experience in HVAC design.
- Detailed knowledge, understanding and usage of industry standard Building Services design packages.
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer, although not essential.
- Articulate and able to communicate clearly with people at all levels.
- Able to work as part of a team and also independently when required.
- 25 days leave
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Private medical
- Payment of 1 x Professional Membership
- Flexible working hours