Senior M&E Project Manager
Senior M&E Project Manager for renewable projects in the Midlands - excellent package on offer.
Your new company
An integrated facilities management organisation with a major projects division is looking to hire a Senior Project Manager to join their Midlands team. The projects division is focused on energy infrastructure and looks to assist clients in reducing their energy costs or carbon footprint.
Your new role
The position of Senior Project Manager in the Midlands is responsible for managing the safe delivery of on time and on budget energy infrastructure projects across the Urban Energy business whilst managing a team of regional Project Managers and associated project team members including external and internal service providers. It is important that the Senior PM demonstrates an excellent level of man management, communication and relationship management skills to carry out their duties successfully.
Those skills are focused on the Project management.
The key deliverable for this role is the effective management of the projects (CHP, gas Boilers, underground pipes). To help the business development team to get new contracts by proposing new solutions, scope of works, technical schedules of the contracts, liaison with estimation team.
Responsibilities / Duties include:
- To manage the delivery of Mechanical, Electrical and Civil projects through a diverse set of Site Managers, Engineers and Designers
- Produce bill of quantity/materials take off
- Ensuring all deliverables are to standard and specification
- Manage the project to ensure all contractual aspects between the organisation, clients and Contractors, ensuring the compliance of all parties, particularly with respect to completion of Project prior to programmed operational start date
- To adhere to project delivery systems and procedures
- To manage the timely production of O&M manuals
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with project sponsors and other key
- Produce weekly/monthly project progress report
- Produce Construction Phase Plan in line with CDM regulations and to monitor and update the plan throughout the project period
- To work with the planner in order to track, monitor and report project status to senior management
- Effective Planning, allocation and management of resources
- Manage project budget and produce financial monthly report
- Management of stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure full commitment and support for the success of the project.
- Manage the commissioning of the projects and a proper handover to the client (internal or external)
- Carry out project reporting in line with required deadlines
- Identify, monitor, mitigate and manage project and operational risks
- Establish and maintain good supplier relations to ensure effective delivery and quality of Installations
- Maintain a solution based approach to problems
- To work with SHEQ team to ensure compliance with all Health and Safety & CDM regulations and obligations
- Manage resources. The Project director will manage directly the project managers and site managers. The other resources as QS, programmer, admin, document controller, designers will report indirectly to the Project Director.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally have building services project management experince ideally within renewable technologies although not essential. You will have managed at a senior PM level before and have worked on projects in excess of 2M
- HNC/Degree level required in either a mechanical or electrical discipline
- CSCS Project Manager Card
- SMSTS Qualified
- Engineering / Civil experience
- Experience of delivering a portfolio of multi-million pound M&E/Civil Projects with a diverse project delivery team
- Extensive Project Management Experience
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
What you'll get in return
On offer is a highly competitive package of between 50K -65K + car allowance, 10 % bonus, pension, 25 days leave.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.