Principal Mechanical (HVAC) Design Engineer
Great opportunity for a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer required to join an employee owned, national building services consultancy and be fast tracked towards a Director and secure equity.
Established four years ago, they have maintained a 100% staff retention rate and have created a truly unique place to work offering extensive autonomy and flexibility and minimal red tape.
Reporting to a Director, you will be responsible for designing, managing and delivery projects from feasibility, through detail design, client handover and post occupancy evaluations.
- Assist with managing and optimising key client relationships and providing outstanding levels of service and value-added advice to clients.
- Assist with bid preparation and the tender processes.
- Design, plan, manage and deliver energy efficient HVAC solutions.
- Produce calculations, schematics, drawings, specifications and equipment schedules
- Use and interpret results from IES Virtual Environment, Hevacomp, Revit and Navisworks.
- Use your experience in low carbon design, pre-fabricated design and BIM methodology to ensure projects remain profitable and are delivered on time and budget.
- Lead client, progress and design team meetings.
- Mentor and supervise Junior and Intermediate Engineers, identify and arrange training needs.
- Work independently when required to meet project deadlines and deliverables.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislations, standards, regulations, guides and industry best practice and ensure all projects adhere to these.
- Engage with end user clients, architects, developers and contractors.
- Ensure all projects comply with our QA and OH&S procedures.
- Ensure all projects comply with our company standards and values.
- Work on a range of education, mission critical, custodial, leisure and commercial projects.
- Degree qualified and minimum of eight years in a similar role.
- Good commercial awareness and previous experience in preparing fee proposals and resource plans.
- Previous experience in managing projects through RIBA stages 1-5.
- Fluent in English
- Able to liaise with and build rapport easily with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Previous experience in commercial, critical systems, education, custodial or leisure projects.
- 25 days leave
- 3% Pension
- 37.5 hour working week with flexible start times
- 2 x Annual bonuses