Senior / Associate Fire Safety Engineer
I am urgently seeking a talented and passionate Senior to Associate Level Fire Engineer, to work in Dubai as part of a dynamic team within one of the worlds leading engineering and project management consultancies, working on some of the worlds most innovative projects. The Senior Fire Engineer I am looking for will have Middle East experience, knowledge of NFPA, IBC, UAE Fire & Life Safety Code & a hold a Degree in Fire Engineering, plus ideally being chartered.
You will be working with a creative, innovative, multi-cultural and self motivated team of fire engineers in Dubai working on some of the region's most challenging and exciting projects. The team is supported by Fire engineering teams located in 20 offices around the world.
The successful candidate will manage their own projects and junior engineers being supported by the wider team as necessary. The role will involve interactive and collaborative working with their fire engineers and other disciplines both within the group and externally. The role may involve the requirement for short-term travel. The projects will be diverse, exciting and range from conceptual fire strategy developing through to handing over landmark project in the built environment.
My client is looking for someone who is technically excellent and capable of delivering quality fire safety solutions on time and on budget. A proven track record of gaining agreement for prescriptive and performance based design solutions from approving authorities is also essential.
As a senior member of the fire team, you will have strong meeting and negotiating skills and experience of leading project teams. You will be a team player capable of imparting knowledge and experience to other members of the team.
You will manage your own small to medium scale projects and support more senior colleagues for larger multidisciplinary projects. In addition you will have the opportunity to be client facing and be involved in a broad range of project aspects.
The Fire Engineering team takes a particularly active role in the development of staff and routinely sends staff on the appropriate training and development courses. Also due to the developing nature of fire engineering, their engineers are encouraged to attend the appropriate annual fire engineering conferences and CPD events. Once the candidate has demonstrated a suitable skill in fire engineering and delivery of projects there will be a number of opportunities to advance their career within this truly amazing organisation.
Experience in the principles of smoke control and means of escape are essential and knowledge of the various design codes, standards and guidance associated with the industry is also important.
You should possess the following base education, experience, skills and competencies:
- Degree in fire engineering or equivalent;
- Typically 5 -10+ years' experience in a consultancy or similar environment
- Understand and be able to implement the fire engineering solutions on projects
- Be aware of appropriate legislation and design guidance for use in the Middle East
- Clearly understand the total fire concept: from the client brief through to construction and operation
- Manage others in developing and implementation of fire strategies, projects, and research initiatives
- Excellent report writing and communication skills, be collaborative, be creative and engaging
- Manage financial performance on projects
- Responsible for fee proposals and undertake business development activities and be establishing a network of clients/ colleagues
- Understand and manage the scope and relevant programme constraints of projects
- Experience on site and handover of large projects.
The following skills are also desirable but not a pre requisite:
- Rail/tunnel experience;
- Chartered Engineer or approaching achieving Chartered Engineer status;
- Knowledge of UAE Fire and Safety Code, NFPA codes and IBC; and Project experience in the Middle East.
Very competitive tax free salary + benefits including medical, flights, gratuity, life insurance and annual profit shares.
To discuss this excellent opportunity in further detail, please contact James Mowat at Energi People