Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - HVAC
Founded in the 1980's this multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy now employ over 200 staff and continue to secure virtually all of their work via repeat business or recommendations. Due to succession planning, they are now looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to help run the Mechanical team in their central Kent office.
Working under an Associate Director or Director; you will be responsible for designing and delivering projects, attending design team or client meetings, carrying out surveys, advising clients on Renewable Energy or passive design strategies, preparing drawings, designs and specifications, mentoring junior staff and ensuring the technical and financial success of projects under your control.
This role will allow you to hone your technical and management skills and allow you to work on a blend of infrastructure, defence, residential, healthcare, commercial and industrial projects through all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Degree qualified and at least six years' experience in Building Services.
- Previous experience managing projects and overseeing the commissioning process.
- Solid understanding of BREEAM, Building Physics and passive building design.
- Broad range of projects spanning the private and public sectors
- Able to communicate clearly and engage and establish rapport with clients.
- 37.5 hour working week - 8.30am - 5pm.
- 23 days leave
- On-site parking
- Annual performance based bonus
- Annual salary review