Principal Fire & Life Safety Engineer
A truly international consultancy with an established presence across the Middle East and Globally, has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Fire & Life Safety Engineer to join their expanding team in Dubai.
This broad and all-encompassing role will involve:
- Leading the design and delivery of large-scale fire engineering projects in line with relevant BS and NFPA codes as well as Civil Defense regulations
- Carrying out and reviewing fire engineering calculations including smoke modelling and evacuation analysis
- Identifying, bidding and procuring new projects and developing existing and new client relationships
- Developing Fire Life Safety solutions across a range of building projects including commercial, residential, retail, mixed and civic.
- Identifying and specifying appropriate fire strategy solutions and fixed fire protection systems, i.e. automatic fire detection and/or suppression to support fire engineering design solutions
- Ensuring design and technical innovation and excellence throughout the team and ensuring projects are delivered to the highest international standards
The successful individual will have a degree in Building Services or Fire Engineering or related discipline and 8+ years’ industry experience. Proven experience of independently running projects as well as extensive client facing, proposals and design related experience are required. You will have a strong working knowledge of BS, NFPA and Civil defense regulations and ideally have existing relationships with the Civil Defense in the UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.
This role would suit an ambitious senior fire engineer looking to take the next step in their career or an individual currently heading up a fire & life safety team looking for a new challenge. In return you will be rewarded with a highly attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to play an integral part in the development of the Fire & Life Safety division.