Fleet Mechanic Supervisor
Your new company:
This client are a wholly owned subsidiary of the NHS Foundation Trust responsible for the delivery and maintenance of vehicles to the trust.
Your new role:
This is a hands on role combining supervisory and engineering tasks to ensure vehicles are maintained to a high standard and workshop tasks are completed by the fleet engineers , the successful applicant will also be required to travel to other company workshops to cover peak demand and leave periods.
The Role: This is a workshop supervisory role responsible to the Fleet Manager, providing workshop floor supervision and support for the Fleet Manager organising all workshop resources safely and effectively.
- To ensure that all vehicle maintenance schedules, vehicle movements and vehicle status reports are performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- To assist the Fleet Manager maximise the benefits from internal workshop facilities ensuring effective vehicle maintenance and repairs while minimising costs, carry out repairs and support remote business locations as required by the Fleet Manager.
- To work closely with the Fleet Manager to assist with day to day supervision of the mechanics to ensure operational vehicle availability at all times.
- To provide technical support and advice for workshop mechanics and external suppliers where appropriate.
- Carry out repairs and planned maintenance of vehicles as required to ensure KPIs and SLAs are met.
- To advise the Fleet Manager on appropriate action with regard to repairs to vehicles and the operational day to day running of the workshop.
- Responsible for the shop floor supervision guidance and instruction of fleet support staff on all day to day operations.
- Liaise with the Fleet Manager and all Trust workshops, contractors, suppliers and stations to ensure best use of resource.
- Assist in staff recruitment, when necessary, and ensure that all subsequent induction training is completed satisfactorily.
- To assist in the planning, implementation and management of all maintenance and repairs of ambulances and other vehicles, as required by Ambulance Service.
- To ensure all maintenance is completed to the standards required by the company and other bodies such as Department of Transport.
- Day to day supervision of the Fleet workshop, assisting in setting clear objectives and parameters for the Mechanics to work within, providing support and guidance, as required.
- To maintain the upkeep of records relating to the maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment using all computerised systems ensuring inspection reports and job cards are completed accurately and closed promptly.
- To provide all departments, where necessary, with information with regard to Fleet operations and status.
- To perform the duties of a Mechanic, as and when required.
- To oversee health and safety for yourself and others, reporting any hazards or accidents immediately and ensure that safe procedures and practices are followed.
- To assist in development and implementation of Health and Safety procedures, completing audits to ensure compliance.
- To oversee safe disposal arrangements of waste products produced by the workshop.
- To attend training courses relating to the maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment.
What you'll need to succeed:
- City and Guilds parts I II and III motor vehicle craft studies or equivalent.
- Health and Safety certificate in Motor Workshops.
- Experience of working within a workshop environment.
- Full, clean driving licence, including categories C1 & D1.
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Fleet Mechanic Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly