Development Engineering Manager
Your new company
My Client is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
They also provide customers with integrated services for airborne special mission operations. Its capabilities include aerial surveillance, operational readiness training, aircraft modification and integration, search and rescue, and environment surveillance and response.
Using customised aircrafts to conduct border protection and surveillance operations in Australia and the UK, as well as providing operational readiness training through electronic warfare training for the UK Ministry of Defence. It's also a leading supplier of flight inspection services.
Your new role
- Apply countermeasures identified in applicable risk assessment to appointed operations/tasks.
- The Safety, Quality and Design Compliance of all activities within the Development Engineering team.
- Support the definition of the BD&T strategic and tactical objectives and support the Head of BD&T in accomplishing them.
- Institute a continuous improvement culture, practice and process across the Development Engineering team.
- Preparation of Development Engineering teams annual budgets, quarterly forecasts. Lead engineering excellence, improving project execution, quality, and first pass yield and service delivery for the BU.
- Advise and propose mission system product roadmaps, technical roadmaps and engineering strategy. Responsible for developing current and future engineering competence and managing the allocated training budget to ensure the relevant levels of competence are achieved.
- Develop business proposals for PV projects aligned with the roadmaps in consultation with the BD team and the Office of Chief Engineers Implement the technology investment plan to deliver technology, product and service roadmaps. Implementation of LCM governance across the Development Engineering team.
- Ensure appropriate skills are available to meet the requirements of the BU and deploy resources to most valuable use. Identify and document as needed our intellectual property such as trade secrets, patents and controlled information.
- Manage the engineering talent pipeline to ensure future talent and skills are in place at the right time and place. Manage the workload pipeline that the Development Engineering team is optimally deployed to deliver business objectives. Support the Head of BD&T in the preparation of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts.
- Define the future skills matrix, training plan and recruitment for the Development Engineering team.Support the BD and Program Management teams in bid activities and lead the development of compelling and technically differentiated technical proposals. Support the Head of BD&T to foster and maintain outstanding key customer (internal and external), supplier and stakeholder relationships.
- Implement strategic partner relationships across the business to support technology, product and service delivery objectives, e.g., University partnerships.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrated track record of technical delivery and programme execution
- Strong technical knowledge of airborne radar, electronic warfare, surveillance and communications systems and associated technologies
- Good understanding of avionic, electrical and mechanical certification principles, regulatory requirements and compliance.
- Able to make decisions in complex and ambiguous situations and with incomplete data
- Ability to build excellent customer and internal relationships
- Strong technical report writing and presentation skills
- The ability to work within a large organisation in a matrix management structure
- Team oriented with proven advanced communication, change management and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated, confident and assertive.
- Demonstrates business acumen, understands customer and market dynamics, market environment and drivers
- Ability to provide role modelling to the organisation in line with core values and behaviours
- Ability to obtain a SC Security Clearance.
- The ability to build, lead and operate within high performing teams
What you'll get in return
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Great Company Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Development Engineering Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly