Senior Electrical Design Engineer / Associate
Are you a Senior Electrical Design Engineer with a blocked career path?
Are you an Electrical Associate not getting the appreciation and keen to take full ownership and lead Projects from inception to handover and be able to achieve Partnership?
Keen to avoid the daily commute into London but still work on large, innovate Projects.
We have been engaged by the Directors of an independently owned Building Services Consultancy in Kent keen to recruit an Electrical Associate to join the team replacing a retiring member of staff.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a practice that boasts an industry presence spanning over 30 years providing full MEP Design, Tender Documentation and Engineering support on Projects in The UK and Overseas. With an emphasis on New-Build, Major fit-out, and Refurbishment Projects within the Commercial, Retail, Financial, Residential, Retail and Leisure sectors, there approach is to provide the industry with a Practice dedicated to the provision of practical, coordinated designs, methods and solutions coupled with a high-level of personal service.
Their portfolio of completed works is impressive including Landmark Buildings recognised throughout Europe and The Middle East.
Specific Duties include:
- Oversee Senior / Intermediate / Junior staff
- Mentor staff undertaking further education
- Ensure design procedures are followed and design files maintained
- Carry out electrical design work
- Review electrical designs
- Act as Project Leader when designated
- Ensure staff work to meet time and quality targets
- Liaise with CAD department on drawing production and workload (anticipate resource requirements)
- Monitor and co-ordinate holidays
- Produce basic fee payment schedules
- Encourage team working and development
- Ensure team concentration on work at hand
- Attend corporate functions as required by Directors
- Ensure compliance of work produced with statutory and legal regulations
- Ensure staff are aware of H&S requirements in relation to design
- Identify ‘gaps’ in staff experience/education and look to fill these gaps
- Seek new project possibilities and liaise with Directors accordingly
Liaise with Directors and assist with:
- Fee proposals
- Resource requirements
- Staff issues that require Director input
- Need for external consultants
- Monthly review of staff timesheets/project costs
For further information on this position and all other vacancies not listed within Building Services Engineering and The Built Environment please contact Paul Bartlett FIRP on 020 8549 3003 / email@example.com
At Bartlett Recruitment we appreciate that it is not always easy to talk during the normal working day so we are available to discuss career opportunities typically from 7am – 9pm and at weekends.