Senior Mechanical Engineer
My client has been established for over 15 years and have grown to well over 60 staff in the London office. They have worked on a diverse portfolio of work including new build and refurb commercial projects, residential, hotels, working with a number of high profile and well know clients.
They are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical engineer with a minimum of 5 years UK project experience. The ideal candidate will have previously projects managed a number of commercial and high end residential projects and be confident and comfortable working alongside signature architects and passionate about delivering sustainable and innovative mechanical design to projects.
The successful candidate will possess an ability to contribute to projects collectively and offer engineering solutions beyond their own discipline. The use of the latest engineering software, internal standards, industry benchmarks and analysis tools along with working closely with internal and external teams will be the building blocks to deliver project design and information to budget and within agreed times frames, this is a cornerstone in the success and level of repeat business our clients achieves with its clients.
Using industry benchmarks, internal standards and a range of cutting edge engineering software and analysis tools, you will ensure the design and delivery of accurate project information within agreed budgets and timeframes.
Responsibilities will include
- Maintain and develop relationships with key clients.
- Develop and maintain network of other clients and contacts.
- Hands-on and active project direction and design. Responsible for quality control, client liaison and project delivery to agreed parameters.
- Resource management.
- Fee Negotiation and tender analysis
- Supporting and mentoring junior engineers and inspiring a learning and development ethos.
- Provide technical expertise and feedback via review of designs and act as a source of information and ideas for others
- Working alongside senior management, assist with production of mechanical systems design information. This will include but not be limited to: -
- Production of Design Sketches
- Assessment of Design solutions
- Performance of Design Calculations and system sizing using company approved methods and software
- Technical research as necessary
- Production of reports as necessary
- Co-ordination with other internal engineers, CAD operators and administration staff
- Attendance at meetings as necessary
- Site surveys and inspections
- Liaise and co-ordination with other external design disciplines
- Maintaining personal CPD programme
This is a great opportunity for a well-rounded and driven senior mechanical engineer who is looking for an opportunity where talent, experience and ambition can be recognised and rewarded and where the successful candidate can gain far greater access and exposure to full aspects of projects and project delivery.
Apply for Senior Mechanical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly