Head of Energy and Technology
Employer: The Energy Checking Company
Job title: Head of Energy and Technology
Department: Senior Management Team
Location: South Shields
Hours of work: 37.5
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
The Energy Checking Company is an International Energy Consultancy focused on 3 key areas for our customers - energy procurement, energy management and energy efficiency. Our aim is to provide a reliable, professional and consultative service aimed at reducing energy costs, shrinking carbon footprints and promoting the update of energy efficiency measures & renewable energy technology
We have offices in South Shields, Birmingham and Inverness and have undergone rapid growth over the last 3 years achieving a turnover of £3million and a headcount of 95 employees. We are looking for a Head of Energy and Technology to deliver a strategy for ensuring our customers reduce their energy consumption, energy costs and carbon footprint
The main duties and responsibilities of the Head of Energy and Technology at The Energy Checking Company Ltd are including but not limited to;
- Developing and implementing an Energy and Technology Strategy according to the company goals and objectives.
- Design and specification of renewable energy systems – Solar PV, Biomass, Ground Source Heat Pumps, Air Source Heat Pumps, Solar Thermal and Wind Turbines.
- Design and specification of energy efficient systems – Voltage optimisation, power factor correction, LED lighting, lighting controls and HVAC Control Systems.
- Developing and implementing energy reduction plans for customers throughout the UK and abroad.
- Compiling customer energy reports identifying potential savings, carbon emissions and anomalies.
- Management of the implementation of meter monitoring hardware and software.
- Undertaking site surveys and visits to undertake feasibility studies.
- Representing the company at conventions, annual meetings, trade associations and seminars.
- Manage tenders for customers for the installation of renewable energy projects and energy efficiency programmes.
- Recruitment of staff members where applicable.
- Training and development of sales agents.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Preparation of monthly senior management reports.
- Attendance at senior management meetings.
- To represent the business in an exemplary fashion
Experience / Qualifications
- Previous experience a Renewables Design Engineer/Building Services Consultant/Designer.
- Previous experience in the energy sector (preferred).
- Outstanding knowledge of Energy Efficient/Renewable Technologies.
- Experience at a Senior Management Level.
- Further Education (A-Levels or equivalent in a Environmental/Renewables Related Topic)
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets
- Process orientated
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Outstanding Communication Skills
- Good computer skills
- Adaptable to change within the business
- Ability to work as part of a team or on an individual basis
- Willingness to develop in-line with continuing professional development
Please apply with covering letter and full curriculum vitae
If you do not hear from us within 5 days of submitting your application you will not have been successful.