Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer - London
We have a unique opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer with a flair for integrated design to join a building services consultancy in London. Established over 20 years ago they remain privately owned and operate from two UK offices. The business is well led, highly regarded and has an expansion plan that will offer continued professional development and quick progression.
They offer a relaxed, supportive and enjoyable working culture with a flat structure and Directors and Partners all work on the same floor as the Engineers and actively support, nurture and develop staff.
Reporting to a Partner or Technical Director you will be responsible for producing performance specifications, concept design and detail design on a range of hotels, commercial offices, mixed use and super prime residential developments.
- Prepare designs and calculations for electrical building services.
- Prepare reports, specifications and equipment schedules.
- Carry out sites inspections and check existing infrastructure and services.
- Attend project design and site meetings and represent the company at these meetings
- Respond to queries from design team members and contractors as necessary
- Ensure that project and client programmes are maintained.
- Prepare budget cost estimates for project designs
- Comment on contractor's costings
- Carry out works necessary to arrange for the installation and/or upgrading of incoming statutory services supplies
- Carry out necessary duties to obtain approval from the relevant statutory authorities, landlords and other relevant parties of the company's engineering designs
- Inspect and comment upon contractor proposals and installation details
- Witness and certificate the testing and commissioning of all the engineering systems
- Inspect/monitor the provisions of as fitted drawings and O & M manuals
- Ensure filing of correspondence and other documents is correct by entering the correct file code on such documents
- Maintain box files for project on which you are working in good order and ensure redundant and out of date drawings are removed and discarded.
- Maintain contact with clients and other members of the design team to ensure project success and good client relationships.
This role will appeal to an Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer who wants to work for a straight forward, fair, honest and open company that can offer interesting projects, a lot of autonomy and a genuine opportunity of becoming an equity partner in the future.