Revit MEP Technician - To £40K
Due to continued growth and securing a number of major projects, this well-known building services and sustainability consultancy are looking for an additional Revit MEP Technician. Established over 25 years ago they now employ almost 60 staff and provide ongoing CPD, 25 days annual leave, payment of professional memberships, 5 % pension, private medical insurance and employment security.
Reporting to the BIM or CAD Manager you will work on a diverse portfolio of projects such as large scale urban regeneration schemes, commercial offices, hotels, high rise residential, student accommodation towers and leisure centres.
The MEP Revit Technician will be responsible for;
- Setting up projects and developing standard and Revit project templates
- Amending models to Engineers mark-ups.
- Producing design documentation for all building services disciplines (Mechanical, public health, fire protection, electrical, lighting and Life safety systems)
- Producing documentation ranging from LOD100 stage to as-built LOD500.
- Using their understanding of MEP and coordination to ensure and a good buildability.
- Assisting in setting up parametric families and standard procedures.
- Maintaining an awareness of new updates, software and plug-ins to increase productivity and improve processes.
- Training Junior / Trainee REVIT Technicians on Autodesk Revit MEP, Autodesk Navisworks and Autodesk AutoCAD and Dynamo.
- Ensuring all deadlines are met and that BIM standards were adhered to.
- Providing a weekly progress update to the BIM Manager and identify and resolve any issues for expected pinch points.
- Liaising with the design team and ensure the quality of the multi discipline Revit model.
- Assisting the BIM Manager in prepare presentations for new clients
- Assisting the BIM Manager in developing BIM Execution Plans.
- At least three years full time experience using Revit MEP
- Good understanding of construction methods, MEP services and Plant and equipment
- Good coordination skills and appreciation for common pinch points such as low ceiling heights, small plant rooms, services corridors, concealed services etc.
- Have seen a few projects through from concept to construction.
- Hotel, mixed use or large scale regenertation project experience.
- Previous experience designing plant rooms, district heating systems and riser layouts.