Regional M&E Engineer - South East
Regional M&E Engineer - London & South East - Permanent
£45,945 - £62,160 + car allowance and various other benefits
BTFS is a subsidiary of the BT Group of companies and operates an all-encompassing building support service across BT's vast UK estate. We have an exciting opportunity for a Regional M&E Engineer to join us on a permanent basis covering London and the South East. You’ll form part of our infrastructure centre of excellence team and will report directly to a Lead Surveyor.
• Perform surveys on mechanical and electrical aspects of a range of buildings in the BT estate, reporting on the condition of major assets
• To ensure BT has visibility of the condition of their estate and provide advice that will enable them to make informed decisions on how best to invest in its building infrastructure
• Develop a short and long term budgeted life cycle replacement programme
• Participate in refresh and uplift projects for individual buildings that are surveyed
• Provide advice on all aspects of surveying, technical solutions, budgeting, planning and best practice
• Represent BTFS on all matters relating to Mechanical and Electrical Life Cycle Replacement within your region
• Provide specialist advice to the business on relating to mechanical and electrical landlord and tenant matters/ third party claims as required
• To promote and progress sustainable development and energy initiatives
• Ensure full communication is provided to key customer representatives and all stakeholders to ensure regional program/project requirements are delivered effectively
• Provide mechanical and electrical guidance for refurbishment of existing buildings or procurement/ fit out of new acquisitions.
• Professional degree in engineering or similar (Chartered / Incorporated Engineer or equivalent)
• 3 years relevant experience within a similar role including project management
• Full UK driving license and the flexibility to travel nationally
• Strong understanding of construction and property law
We’ll offer you a competitive salary, pension scheme, private health care, company car (or allowance) and a range of other benefits including discounted BT products and services such as BT Infinity, BT Vision and free BT Sport TV. We’ll also give you the opportunities, support and coaching to develop and grow in an exciting business.