Associate Director - Energy
Our client need a personable and enthusiastic associate director who will help to lead and oversee the delivery of energy reduction programmes, energy audits and EPC advice, primarily at office and retail assets, by assessing current performance, identifying energy saving opportunities and monitoring their implementation.
You will drive forward an expanding energy management services by providing advice to some of the largest landlords and corporate occupiers in the UK and Europe and by thinking about how we can best meet clients’ current and future needs.
You will use your knowledge of how buildings function, as well as an appreciation of operational considerations to assess buildings and establish how their energy performance can be enhanced.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- A strong technical understanding of energy reduction, building energy audits, construction technology, building services and renewable energy technologies
- An ability to communicate and engage clients at all levels on technical issues and to translate complex concepts into understandable language
- Experience in energy and sustainability in either new or existing buildings – particularly in delivering a substantial number of energy audits and energy management projects
- Passionate about saving energy, carbon and wider sustainability issues
- Proven project management experience and excellent communication skills
- Relevant degree and/or masters – mechanical, electrical, energy management etc.
- Current member or seeking membership of a professional body – CIBSE / IMECHE / Energy Institute or other appropriate
- Attention to detail and accuracy, ideally in written, visual and numeric work and proven project management skills
- Personable character with an ability to foster good working relationships and good experience of leading individuals or small teams
- Awareness of EPCs, DECs, BREEAM and low energy design principles is highly desirable
- Experience of working with commercial property and an understanding of the landlord and tenant relationship is desirable