Senior Electrical Design Engineer
We are working with a well-established building services consultancy in Essex to find them a Senior Electrical Design Engineer who can lead a small team and design and deliver projects from concept to construction.
Working closely with the two founding Partners your role will involve;
- Producing concept design drawings, specifications, equipment schedules and technical reports.
- Attending client, site and design team meetings.
- Producing pre-construction information, employer requirements documentation and room data sheets.
- Using Amtech and Dialux to check the calculations produced by the team.
- Ensure all designs meet current legislation, British standards and regulations.
- Carrying out pre-acquisition surveys, dilapidations surveys, condition surveys and life cycle surveys on existing plant and equipment.
- Mentoring of Graduate and Junior Engineers
- Maintaining strong working relationships with clients, developers and contractors.
- Ensuring all projects under your control remain profitable.
- Flag up any potential risks or coordination issues before projects get to site.
- Private Medical Insurance
- 3% Pension
- 23 days leave
- Ongoing CPD
- Discretionary annual bonus
Given the nature of the role, it's likely that the Senior Electrical Design Engineer will have completed a Degree in Building Services or Electrical Engineering, have at least five years in a similar role and be currently working for a Building Services or multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy.