Associate Director - Critical Systems / Data Centre
- Full Time
Our client is seeking an Associate Director in their Power Systems Plus team within their Building Services division.
Ideally the candidate will have experience of design in critical mechanical cooling, ventilation and associated control systems to British Standards/ASHRAE and be able to demonstrate the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
The role will include supporting meetings with the client, contractors and other designers. Site visits will also be required to monitor whether the construction is in accordance with the design and to resolve site queries.
As an integral member of the Power Systems Plus Team candidates will support the team in developing conceptual designs for mechanical critical cooling scheme utilising CHW and direct / indirect fresh air and associated control systems.
Individuals will work within a mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) discipline team providing design and technical advice on projects in a discipline lead capacity and a Project manager capacity on medium sized projects.
In addition candidates will be expected to:
- Work in a joint leadership capacity within a mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) discipline team providing design and technical advice in a project manager capacity on a wide range of projects.
- Supervise the completion of detailed designs and supervise the work of others in this function, whilst maximising joint learning opportunities for the wider business.
- Consider the feasibility of the project specific to the discipline and lead the overall feasibility study for the project.
- Take responsibility for and direct others in the production of detailed and performance specification for the discipline subject to review by colleagues prior to issue.
- Take responsibility for and direct others in the production of detailed equipment schedules for issue with the discipline specific designs.
- Take responsibility for and direct others in the production of detailed calculations appropriate to the project. Consider the wider skills of the team and co-ordinate resources.
- Take responsibility for and direct others in the production of combined MEP Residual Risk drawings in accordance with the CDM regulations with input from other discipline as required. Consider the wider skills of the team and co-ordinate resources.
- Lead the sustainability considerations for your projects and communicate these to the wider project team. Consider the wider skills of the team and co-ordinate resources.
- Carry out condition surveys for the discipline for combining into to an overall report and collate all findings for issue to the client.
- Carry out the role of project director reporting to the client on all day-to-day and overall project issues.
- Be able to demonstrate acceptable technical writing skills.
- Take a lead role in design team meetings to represent your technical discipline and be able to convey other disciplines on behalf of the client. This will include other technical services (such as structural, BREEAM etc) to suit the overall business commission.
- Have good report writing skills.
- Have a detailed understanding of project risk allied to the project as a whole and accurately communicate this to the project team.
- Take a leadership role imposing the QA procedures and fully understanding our WoW process at a project delivery and office wide level. Lead this where you are the project manager. Assist the senor team member in ensuring full team compliance with these procedures.
- Communicate all design issues to the wider design team and consider how the technical knowledge can be shared with the wider business.
- Take a leadership role in the training of staff in a line manager capacity.
My client would love to hear from you if you;
• have a proven track record in leading major projects for an overall project team. Be able to demonstrate where your personal input has led to the commission being won and where your project delivery has led to repeat business..
• are able to work using their own initiative with minimal supervision on all technical aspects of their discipline or have specific specialist experience applicable to the role.
• Can work under the clear direction of others and interpret the needs of a project where applicable to the discipline
• Manage your team on multiple projects in a clear concise and co-ordinated manner.
• Supervise others in their role in a consistent manor and actively input in to the development of their skills.
• Take a joint leadership role on business development sustaining the workload of your team.
Candidates ideally should have obtained Chartered Engineer status via an Engineering Council accredited honours degree or by specific experience
Key Technical Requirements:
- Demonstrate good attention to detail and show pride in the work produced.
- Have a detailed understanding of the Part L regulations applicable to the discipline and how to demonstrate this through calculation.
- Have working understanding of TAS of IES to allow the allocation / direction of work on projects.
- Have understanding of working with RevitMEP or other 3D design software to allow the allocation / direction of work on projects.
- Have working knowledge of AutoCAD to allow the allocation / direction of work on projects.
- Plant room planning and riser sizing.
- Utility load estimations and negotiations with the providers.
- Understanding of key legislation.
- Manual double line and single line co-ordination.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite of software (in particular Excel).
- Lead the demonstration of our design to the design team and client.
- Working knowledge of Hevacomp
- U value calculations
- Heat loss calculations
- Heat gain calculations
- Pipe sizing (LTHW, CHW, HWS, CWS etc)
- Pump sizing
- Duct sizing
- Fan sizing
- Fan sizing
- Control valve sizing and authority
- Thermal modelling
- BMS Systems
Apply for Associate Director - Critical Systems / Data Centre
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly