Senior/Principal Electrical Engineer
As part of an increase in workload my client is urgently seeking to recruit a Senior/Principal Electrical Engineer to join their Building Services department delivering engineering solutions across a number of schemes ranging from individual private houses, large scale urban regeneration, commercial offices, education facilities and retail / leisure projects, with construction values up to £200 million.
My client was established in the mid 80's and has grown rapidly since then employing over 70 staff. They are a client-focused multi-disciplinary practice of Building Services Engineering Consultants, based in North London. They have built a reputation for being flexible and responsive to changing environments while staying focused on clients' needs. They believe their diverse approach to building design enables a greater holistic approach to system selection and suitability.
As an Electrical Engineer you should be technically capable of managing a portfolio of projects, including works at both planning and detailed design stages. You should also be able to communicate clearly and effectively with the internal management of the company from Graduate to Director Level. Externally you will be required to liaise with Clients, Architects and contractors, maintaining good business relationships with all members of the team and promoting other services provided by the company.
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- BEng / HND in relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years in similar role
- Proven track record in delivery of projects from concept to practical completion
- Knowledge of Building Regulations Part B, G, F & L
- Proven experience in delivering a mixture of development typologies, ranging from individual residential properties to commercial offices / hotels
- Knowledge of AutoCAD software
- Knowledge of Sustainability assessment methods (BREEAM, Code for Sustainable Homes,PassivHaus)
Optional Qualifications / Experience:
- Working knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and associated software
- User of IES Virtual Environment (IES-VE) software
- Experience in completion of SAP, iSBEM and/or Dynamic Simulation Modelling (DSM) calculations
My client is able to offer a unique place to work, where collaboration and support is provided from Junior through to Director Level. The company is a professional member of the Chartered Institute of Building Service Engineers (CIBSE) and actively encourages staff to progress Chartered status, supported through CPD events and in-house training.