Senior Mechanical Engineer
Your new company
High profile manufacturing company specialising in the design, manufacture, supply, lifetime extension for the nuclear industry. Their systems have been protecting personnel, the environment and major infrastructure for over 60 years. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business in one of the fastest growing industries.
Your new role
The Senior Mechanical Engineer leads the delivery of mechanical solutions and acts as a focal point for winning new business based on these.
Key responsibilities / duties
- The role holder's key responsibilities are safety and quality.
- To display innovation and passion; leading stakeholders and engineers to develop excellent solutions to difficult problems within a mechanical design and manufacturing environment.
- Contribute to full product lifecycle strategies, for product creation, maintenance / operation and retirement.
- Development and maintenance of engineering and leadership skills and capabilities in more junior engineers, through mentoring, training and other measures as appropriate.
- Ensure that systems, tools and processes are developed to ensure that they remain fit for purpose.
What you'll need to succeed
Qualifications / skills required
- Minimum BSc in Mechanical Engineering (or relevant degree).
- Masters/ PhD desirable.
- Strong experience in the civil or military nuclear industry, UK and US mandatory (others nations desirable), oil and gas or other relevant industry.
- Materials science (high purity metals, nickel alloys, steels, etc.) and knowledge of radiation and other aging effects over lifetime.
- Design Office environment experience.
- Manufacturing and assembly experience.
- Related engineering disciplines appreciation (e.g. electronics, R&D).
- Systems integration experience.
- Business development and commercial strategy experience.
- Key principles of requirements management.
- Ability to work in international project environment.
- Extensive library of design and drawing tools.
- Finite element analysis
- Computational fluid dynamics experience
- Application of ASME coding within a nuclear environment. Experience working within an NQA-1 controlled supply chain.
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.