Senior BIM Designer
To produce CAD drawings and BIM models for our team of building services consultant engineers, working within existing BIM/CAD standards and within ISO 9001 procedures.
Role would be based in our Oxford office or any other place of business of the Company or its clients from time to time. You may in the performance of your duties be required to travel within the UK and abroad.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Working closely with our engineers, you will be responsible for setting up and producing engineering CAD drawings and 3D models using AutoCAD and Revit. Additionally, you will be responsbile for coordination of our services, final presentation of drawings and start having some input into technical BIM processes. New ideas and career development are encouraged. Able to give support to Junior and Intermediate BIM designers when required
KEY SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Very experienced AutoCAD user with an extensive background in producing building services engineering CAD drawings (Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health disciplines).
• Experience in using Revit MEP to produce building services engineering 3D models. Experience with the following:
o Very good Understanding of Project browser setup and o Very good understanding and experience using worksets
o Very good understanding and experience applying correct systems to the different services o Very good understanding of view templates and adjusting the visibility setting o Experienced setting up new views and sheets o Experienced with Family Creation o Copy/Monitoring Grids and Levels
o Exporting DWF/DXF/IFC/NWC/gbXML
o Experience creating Mechanical, Electrical systems and Public Health Systems
• Good ability to read and understand engineering mark-ups drawings & the design.
• Good understanding of all three disciplines and how they work together. Have the ability to take on design tasks from those disciplines.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, with the good ability to identify cross-discipline coordination issues.
• Experience of working in a building services consultancy and/or with a sub-contractor.
• Must have strong organisational skills, able to manage own workload and engineers expectations.
• Experience aligning to and understanding of BIM standards set by the BEP on projects
• Experience as a Model management of small to medium size projects. Being that key person who knows all on a project. Key tasks are as follow:
o Project setup – Setup of project browser, views and sheets at the start of the project that have been agreed with the project team. (setting up coordinates and levels to suite project BEP to be done by BIM Coordinator or BIM Manager)
o Management of the views, sheets and drawings lists o Ensuring consistency between all disciplines. o Policing/enforcing BIM standards including the use of Families and naming conventions which have been agreed on the projects ( internal or external documented in BEP)
o To be the point of contact for external BIM leads ( Architectural & Structural)
o To be the point of contact for that project internally for all aspects of the models and drawings (including issue dates, what is to be delivered and an excellent overall knowledge of the project).
o Monitoring and addressing health of project models (floating families, incorrect modelled element, incorrect workset use, warnings, model size etc.)
• Self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Support to Junior and Intermediate BIM designers when required
Apply for Senior BIM Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly