Senior Electrical Design Engineer - Dartford - Immediate start
2 days left
- Full Time
A Senior Electrical Design Engineer has arisen for a multi-disciplinary international Consultancy encompassing all aspects of MEP design. Please see below for the job description and apply within.
Main Purpose of role:
Using sound knowledge of electrical building services provide support and line management to the electrical team to progress multiple projects producing schematics and engineering calculations within agreed timescales.
Principal tasks and responsibilities:
1. Business Operation and Development
• To have future business development in mind at all times, maintain good relationship with all Industry contacts and promoting the business where opportunities arise.
• Ensure that all projects remain in budget, monitor whether additional fees are appropriate and control team workload to meet the schedules
• To actively assist management to maintain an effective business by raising potential threats and suggesting remedies to overcome.
• To actively review, in conjunction with the process owners, the design process
• Produce schematics, elevations, details in AutoCAD which meet engineering directives, UK engineering standards, CDM regulations and Whitecode drawing and quality procedures
• Provide and check engineering calculations as required
• Support the team with project checking/reviews; resolving issues in order to maintain timeframes and quality compliance
• Co-ordinate drawings/CAD with other disciplines, having an understanding of other engineering principles
• Maintain a working knowledge of appropriate engineering and industry standards
• Liaise concisely and professionally with external members of the design team and Clients on Technical subjects whether at client meetings, workshops, project review meetings
• Respond accurately, concisely and correctly to Design Team and Contractor queries including RFIs, Tech Subs etc in line with WDA approved products
• To work with the Team leader to provide line management and support to the electrical team
• To monitor the team and individual performance flagging issues to senior management or HR
• Complete timesheets daily and accurately.
• To maintain a high standard of probity in professional, personal and financial matters
• Maintaining good relations with colleagues and external partners
• To work flexibly and efficiently to maintain the highest professional standards
• To ensure you maintain your continued professional development
• To ensure you effective manage the Health and Safety of yourself, your team and clients
• Ensure that the highest level of commercial confidentiality is maintained
• To act in accordance with Whitecode Group policies and procedures
• To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required
The job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading or salary of the post.
Apply for Senior Electrical Design Engineer - Dartford - Immediate start
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly