Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Position: Senior Mechanical Engineer
I am currently working on behalf of an established, client-focused multi-disciplinary practice of Building Services Engineering Consultants, based in London.
The practice has grown steadily since 1987 and now has around 70 staff. Their clients' expectations are their benchmark and matching designs to their brief is the prime objective. In doing this they have built a reputation for being flexible and responsive to changing environments while staying focused on clients’ needs. Their diverse approach to building design enables a greater holistic approach to system selection and suitability.
The company have worked on a diverse portfolio of projects ranging from individual private houses, large scale urban regeneration, commercial offices, education facilities and retail/leisure projects, with construction values ranging from £300,000 to £150,000,000
As part of an increase in workload they are seeking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their Building Services department delivering engineering solutions across a number of schemes. The Building Services team works on a variety of projects, ranging from conceptualisation to practical delivery.
As a Mechanical Engineer you should be technically capable of managing a portfolio of projects, including works at both planning and detailed design stages. You should also be able to communicate clearly and effectively with the internal management of the company from Graduate to Director level. Externally you will be required to liaise with clients, architects and contractors, maintaining good business relationships with all members of the team and promoting other services provided by the company
Work is likely to include:
• Working within a team of engineers and to ensure effective delivery of projects and tasks to meet the deadlines set by your line manager.
• Management and mentoring of junior and intermediate engineers
• Review and completion of various calculations for system sizing and selection
• Project management and setting of tasks for other members of staff
• Writing and reviewing technical specifications for tender and construction
• Completion of co-ordination with varying disciplines, including architecture, structures and other design team consultants
• Liaising directly with Clients, Architects and Contractors on projects to ensure we meet client needs and to ensure that projects are delivered on programme.
• Attendance of Design Team Meetings and Workshops
• Building Services Design from Conceptualisation through to Practical Completion
• Preparation and reviewing of drawings completed by internal CAD team
• Business Development of existing and potential client base
• Assisting Senior Management in delivery programme and resource management
Required Qualifications / Experience:
• BEng / HND in relevant discipline
• Minimum 4/5 years in similar role
• Proven track record in delivery of projects from concept to practical completion
• Experience in completion of ventilation, heating, cooling and water sizing
• Knowledge of Building Regulations Part B, G, F & L
• Proven experience in delivering a mixture of development typologies, ranging from individual residential properties to commercial offices / hotels
• Knowledge of AutoCAD software
• Knowledge of Sustainability assessment methods (BREEAM, Code for Sustainable Homes,
Optional Qualifications / Experience:
• Working knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and associated software
• User of IES Virtual Environment (IES-VE) software
• Experience in completion of SAP, iSBEM and/or Dynamic Simulation Modelling (DSM) calculations
What They Offer
My client offers a unique place to work, where collaboration and support is provided from Junior through to Director Level. The company is a professional member of the Chartered Institute of Building Service Engineers (CIBSE) and actively encourages staff to progress Chartered status, supported through CPD events and in-house training.
As a base package, all staff are entitled to the following:
• Competitive market salary
• 25 days annual leave (with options to purchase or sell 5 days)
• Membership to 1 professional body (CIBSE, IMech, IET etc)
In addition to these base benefits, they offer a flexible benefits package which includes:
• Matching Pension Contribution (3%)
• Medical cash plan
• Private Health/Dental Care
• Ride2Work Scheme
• Childcare vouchers
For further details and applications please contact:
Recruitment Consultant - Building Services (Permanent)