Deputy Fire Safety Adviser
An organisation based in the South-Central area of England is looking for a Deputy Fire Safety Adviser on a permanent basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the competent person for the co-ordination of fire safety arrangements, including being responsible for building evacuation strategies, including:
- Preparing generic and building specific fire safety plans and procedures, in a form suitable for Estates & Facilities, staff and students;
- Ensuring that there are sufficient numbers of staff trained in fire prevention/ awareness and fire-fighting techniques and that sufficient fire numbers of evacuation officers, fire wardens and other emergency responders are appointed;
- Reviewing building fire emergency plans;
- Organising and carrying out emergency drills in each building, producing follow up reports and action plans where appropriate;
- Preparing Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPs);
- Undertaking building fire risk assessments, carrying out fire-related periodic inspections of all buildings and complete fire safety checklists where appropriate (with assistance from H&S Coordinators and Technical Services for specialist areas);
- Monitoring the routine testing of fire alarms, emergency lighting, evacuation lifts, deaf alert, refuge communications, fixed fire suppression and other fire safety equipment.
A successful candidate will have/be:
- A good understanding of fire safety legislation, including: Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005; PAS 79:2012 Fire Risk Assessment; British Standard BS 9999 – Code of practice for fire safety in the design, management and use of buildings; British Standard 8214 – Code of practice for fire door assemblies;
- Experienced in Fire risk assessment, auditing and inspection
- Production of fire evacuation plans
- Proficient in Fire safety building inspection
- Able to plan and organise a busy workload;
- Good written and oral communication skills and strong ability to adjust communication to suit wide range of people, including managers, engineers, academic specialists and people with no previous fire safety knowledge;
- Good level of computer literacy.
Apply for Deputy Fire Safety Adviser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly