Senior Building Services Electrical Engineer
Pick Everard is a leading independent, multi-professional consultancy practice working within the property, infrastructure and construction industry. We are justifiably proud of our reputation for innovation and service and for being a great place to work.
Due to an increasing workload we are currently seeking a Senior Building Services Electrical Engineer to join our Building Services team in Bury St Edmunds.
As a Senior Building Services Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for managing and delivering designs for a wide range of innovative and challenging projects in a variety of sectors, including education, healthcare, blue light, utilities. You will be client facing, technically well rounded and able to offer the benefit of your experience to junior engineers within the team.
Main tasks / duties of the role:
- Prepare and manage designs, feasibility studies, reports and contract documents
- Carry out building analysis
- Supervise engineers and technicians
- Assist in the management of project resources and costs
Key skills and experience required:
- Degree level qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years’ experience of electrical building services design, including emergency lighting and fire alarm system design.
- Membership of a relevant professional body (IET or CIBSE)
- Undertaken Fire Detection Design training course accredited by recognized body.
- Experience of higher education, residential, recreational facilities, blue light, health care and office projects.
- Experience in preparing feasibility studies, technical reports, detailed design drawings, technical specification and contract documents
- Ability to undertake site investigation and inspection, and prepare survey reports.
- Ability to manage resources on projects
- Solid technical knowledge and understanding of Electrical Engineering, including BS7671
- Technical Adviser role to evaluate developed design, review scope, regulations and standards compliance
- Structured wiring system and security systems design knowledge and experience
- Ability to supervise and mentor engineers and technicians
- Hands on knowledge of AutoCAD, Dialux or Hevacomp, NBS Create for Specification – essential; experience in using Revit Magicad - desirable
- Ability to provide proactive management input to projects and building relationship with clients
Remuneration / benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance, and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is really important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation.
You will receive a competitive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private health insurance (BUPA)
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 more days’ leave
- Professional subscriptions
- Relocation allowance (if applicable)
- Season ticket or car loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
If you are interested in this Senior Building Services Electrical Engineer role in Bury St Edmunds, please apply below with your CV and a covering letter, indicating your current salary package or expectations.